Thursday 14 March 2013

A Blast From My Blogging Past: On Acquiescent Shores

I've decided to start a new blog post where I resurface material I wrote on past, more unsuccessful, blogs and to rebirth it on here! Do not worry however, I'm not just recycling material onto here in a desperate attempt to get more posts. These are pieces which I have continued to work on and draft, so what you are seeing is my latest, most refined version of that piece. I will likely continue to work and change these pieces for they are ones I'm very picky with and still haven't found a place where I'm completely satisfied with them yet. I feel it's a great opportunity to see some work I have worked heavily on, instead of some of the rawer stuff you usually get on here.

So, without further hesitation I hope you enjoy this post!

An image; blurred and abstract swam into my vision; detached from all around it. With every blink it underwent a metamorphosis, continually warping its form into series of undiscernable images which ebbed and flowed, fluidly, from reality to obscurity. The image began to suddenly divide, becoming more erratic as my blinking quickened, breathing hastened and lips quivered. My senses became overwhelmed and my soul overstimulated as I struggled to comprehend the marvel which lay before me. Then, in a flash the image collapsed on itself and formed into a perfect cocoon, which, for the second it remained, throbbed with a beautiful energy, entrancing and hypnotizing me in a transient state. Within a mere moment the cocoons equilibrium became overpowered by its own unrivaled, inner force and exploded with exponential energy into the consummate void. As my body incinerated in its purifying release I felt I could see its heart, it's soul, beating black to its funeral march.

***

I stood in front of a beach, where sand grains shone like fragments of gold and the ocean stretched endlessly towards the horizons. I felt an insatiable pull come over me, which propelled me both in mind and body to merge with the ocean. For how the waters shone like sapphires and let the suns rays skirt upon its surface into a brilliant spectrum of prismatic light which beamed wondrously into the atmosphere, illuminating the opalescent clouds above.
As my feet merged with the smooth sand beneath me I could its warm embrace willing me to dig deeper into it and to let it envelop me in its warm, welcoming casket. Soon my mind became enveloped by the world around me and the beautiful vista I had been transported to. My mind seemed to melt life the foamy surf upon the shore, as I closed my eyes and took the salty winds into my lungs. How the air flowed through my body, and cleansed me of my impurities! I felt the refreshing numbness of exclusion grip me as the world itself seemed to drift away and leave me in absolute clarity. When I let the air flood out of my nostrils and rejoin the coastal breeze I felt all my burdens float away in a powerful gust, as if I was Aeolus propelling Odysseus back to Ithaca.
Upon the reopening of my eyes I was greeted by blurry sand dunes which concealed the world beyond it and locked me within these acquiescent shores. As the ocean whispered like the seductive siren, I felt the impulse to immerse myself with its idyllic waters possess me again, so that I could rid my mind of lingering, worldly distractions which hung in the recesses of my mind, and turn it to purer, greater thoughts. I knew as the temptation grew within me that I would soon be gripped by an unstoppable urge to emerge myself into the oceanic depths before me.


No comments:

Post a Comment